Blaze Signs Ltd is a well-respected and established manufacturer based in Broadstairs Kent. Blaze Signs have been established since 1981 and are now the leading signage provider in the UK for well-known retail and other sectors. We pride ourselves on creating a great environment to work in and great people to work with. Our Values are Safe, Improve, Goal Driven, Network and Service and we endeavour to represent these in everything we do.
We employ 300 hugely experienced and skilled people to plan, design, make and install signage. Would you like to join us as an Operative within our Metal Shop team? Then read about the roles in more detail below and apply.
The right person for this role will have enough knowledge to hit the ground running and get to grips with the requirements of the role. There will of course be a structured induction and training on any signage requirements and specs that are required.
- Good Communicator
- Flexibility with deadlines and workload
- Good Time Keeping and attendance
- Team player and able to meet tight deadlines
Skills Based (These will be assessed at a practical interview)
- H&S Knowledge within workplace and machinery
- Tig / Mig welding – use if light gauge sheet material
- ‘Good knowledge’ of CNC Brake Press
- Able to interpret technical drawing for components and requirements
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide the correct metal components as per drawings and specifications to assess job requirements.
- Use template, measuring instruments and tools to mark out layout lines and reference points.
- Uses hand or machine tools to bend, roll, fold, press or beat cut sheet metal.
- Assemble prepared parts and joins them by bolting, welding or soldering.
- Finishes product by grinding, filing, cleaning and polishing.
- Repairs of various sign components
- Checks final product to ensure conformity with specifications.
- Follows Health and Safety Instructions and responsible for adhering to policy
- Keeping a tidy bench
- Assisting others when required
Blaze Signs Ltd also offer excellent benefits which surpass those normally offered in manufacturing and the surrounding Thanet area.
- Competitive Salary based on knowledge and experience
- 25 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays
- An additional day holiday
- Working hours 7am-3.30pm Monday to Friday
- Overtime available
- Healthcare Cashback Scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Death In Service Benefit 4 x Annual Salary
- Cycle to Ride Scheme
- Uniform and Hot drinks provided
- Responsible Company
- High Health and Safety investment
- Auto Enrolment pension
- Free Parking
If you have not had a response within one week then your application has not been shortlisted.
Blaze is an equal opportunity employer.