Reporting to: Installation Engineer
Innovation, quality, and expertise makes Blaze the long-term signage partner for the UK’s favourite brands. Established in 1981, Blaze Signs is the trusted signage services partner for many of the UK’s best-known brands. With nearly 40 years of experience in creating stunning signage for major retailers, we have built a trusted reputation of excellence in signage based on integrity, teamwork experience and energy.
We employ 200 hugely experienced and skilled people to plan, design, make and install signage. We are looking for a signage installation assistant to help our Signage Installer with their duties around the Leeds area and nearest counties. You will work in a team of two and visit sites to make sure our signage is correctly, safely, and professionally installed on site. This can be in a range of retail and commercial settings. Training and supervision from your paired Signage Installer will be given.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Sign Installation Assistant Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the signs meet clients’ specifications and instruction in terms of spelling, font, size, and medium.
- Loading and transporting signs, tools, and materials to the location safely.
- Preparing the site for installation by removing old signage, preparing the surface or structure, and securing the electrical connections.
- Ensuring the effective measurement, placement, connection, and installation of the sign.
- Mounting and installing the signs in accordance with all safety protocols.
- Clearing debris and materials from the site after each installation.
- Performing maintenance and repairs to signs, as needed.
- Operating and maintaining the tools and equipment in accordance with safety protocols.
- Vinyl installation on windows, and walls.
- Always adhere to all health and safety requirements
- Manual handling and working at height via ladders and access equipment forms part of this role
- Lifting and carrying will form part of this role as a necessity.
- Communicate with the Installation manager and follow instructions
- Distribute workload throughout the shop amongst the team
- Adhering to dashcam and vehicle policies
- Keeping to tight deadlines and installation dates
Qualifications Required or Training Provided
Clean UK driving licence required
Experience of installation and signage is not essential but is preferred.
SPA, CSCS, IPAF, PASMA qualifications as a minimum standard.
- Overtime after 40 hours
- Pension Scheme
- 25 Days holiday + bank/public holidays
- Simply Health Cashback Scheme
- Extra day off for your birthday
- Death in service Insurance
- Pay reviews every January
- Fully kitted van with tools supplied
- Full workwear and PPE provided
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday – 40 hours per week basic
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Work Location: On the road
Only applicants who live in the Leeds area will be considered.
If you have not had a response within one week then your application has not been shortlisted.
Blaze is an equal opportunity employer.