Reporting to: Installation Manager
To provide the clients of Blaze Signs Ltd with sign installation across various retail parks and other sites. The installation service will be timely and in accordance with all health and safety requirements as well as ensuring the high standards of work that Blaze signs expects of all its employees..
The Installation Engineers may work in teams and will be paired with an Installation assistant for larger projects.
Innovation, quality and expertise makes Blaze the long-term signage partner for the UK’s favourite brands. Established in 1981, Blaze Signs is the trusted signage services partner for many of the UK’s best-known brands. With nearly 40 years of experience in creating stunning signage for major retailers, we have built a trusted reputation of excellence in signage based on integrity, teamwork experience and energy.
We employ 300 hugely experienced and skilled people to plan, design, make and install signage.
We are seeking a detail-oriented and experienced sign installer to transport and install a variety of signs. In this role, you will be required to ensure that the designs meet clients’ specifications, prepare the signs for mounting, and manage the placement and installation of the signs, among other duties.
To ensure success as a sign installer, you will need to be highly organised, have good knowledge about the types of signs to be installed (metal, vinyl, totems, led), and be comfortable and trained to work at heights.
An outstanding sign installer will demonstrate precision and possess a sound understanding of the applicable construction and installation techniques.
Sign Installation Engineer Requirements and Attributes:
- Experience of working field based and in sign installation to show knowledge or types of signage and general installation techniques.
- Valid commercial driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- The ability to operate hand and power tools.
- Physically fit and able to perform strenuous labour including lifting, climbing, and working at heights.
- The ability to work in harsh weather conditions.
- Willingness to work early and late start and finish times and during evenings and on weekends, as needed.
- Must show good communication skills.
- Must show ability to manage jobs from start to finish.
- Able to work within a team and independent.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Sign Installation Engineer Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the signs meet clients’ specifications and instruction in terms of spelling, font, size, and medium.
- Loading and transporting signs, tools, and materials to the location safely.
- Preparing the site for installation by removing old signage, preparing the surface or structure, and securing the electrical connections.
- Ensuring the effective measurement, placement, connection, and installation of the sign.
- Mounting and installing the signs in accordance with all safety protocols.
- Clearing debris and materials from the site after each installation.
- Performing maintenance and repairs to signs, as needed.
- Operating and maintaining the tools and equipment in accordance with safety protocols.
- Vinyl installation on vehicles, windows, and walls.
- To supervise the engineer’s assistant when working as a team
- Always adhere to all health and safety requirement
- Communicate with the Installation manager and follow instructions
- Distribute workload throughout the shop amongst the team
- Keeping to tight deadlines and installation dates
Qualifications Required or Training Provided
SPA, CSCS, IPAF, PASMA as a minimum standard.
- Overtime after 40 hours
- 25 Days holiday + bank/public holidays
- Simply Health Cashback Scheme
- Extra day off for your birthday
- Pay reviews every January
- Fully kitted van with tools supplied
- Full workwear and PPE provided